Technology companies have a special challenge. Like other business-to-business (B2B) companies, they must follow good B2B marketing practices. That is, they must provide relevant, high-quality content (such as white papers, technical articles, and case studies) aligned with each stage of the sales cycle to help educate potential customers and build trust by offering valuable information. But, while adhering to these practices, technology companies must also ensure their content can be understood by a variety of decision makers—including IT staff, executives, and administrative professionals—within prospect organizations, as well as their own sales team.
Key to Marketing for Technology Companies
The key to technical marketing for technology companies is to ensure their technical copywriting seamlessly bridges the gap between technology and sales experts. To ensure the best results, technical copywriters should understand the how the technology works, how it can benefit potential customers, and the high level marketing objectives for each piece. The technical copywriter must also be aware of where each piece fits into an overall marketing strategy. Most importantly, the technical copywriter must be capable of managing the intensive research and interviewing critical for successful outcomes.
FDC’s Services for Technology Companies
FDC’s Karen Marcus has worked with technology companies, such as Hewlett-Packard Company, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and Comcast, for 15 years. In addition to being able to quickly grasp complex topics, Karen has the organizational skills and marketing savvy to pull a technical content piece together efficiently and effectively.
Karen is deadline- and detail-driven, and flexible enough to adapt to changing project requirements. Technology clients appreciate Karen’s ability to take control of the research process, thoroughly interview subject matter experts, and pull information from many sources together into a cohesive document that clearly spells the technology and its benefits, while retaining each company’s unique voice and message.
Karen has developed the following types of documents:
- Success stories and case studies showcasing how a company has helped others
- Websites that include specific information about how a company’s product or service addresses prospects’ specific problems or challenges
- Articles that demonstrate expertise on a particular topic
- Corporate brochures, which spell out the high-level messaging a company wants to project
- White papers describing the back-end technology or process used by a company
- Slide decks to add professionalism and visual interest to live or online presentations
- Corporate Brochure for Finali - VIEW SAMPLE
- Success Story for Hewlett-Packard Company – VIEW SAMPLE
- Article for Hach – VIEW SAMPLE
- Case Study for Amazon Web Services – VIEW SAMPLE
- Case Study for EMC – VIEW SAMPLE
- Website Copy for Air Resource Specialists – VIEW SAMPLE
Looking for pricing? Visit the Services & Pricing page.
Ready to start a project, or need more information? Contact us via email or call 970.988.9531.